The Office of Student Enrollment is hosting two kinds of virtual events to share information about high school admissions in New York City. Families are invited to join by clicking this link for any event(s) they would like to attend—dates and times are listed below and at the link.
Please join us for:
· Virtual High School Admissions Information Sessions. At each of these events, the Office of High School Enrollment team will walk families through how to apply to high school, including any changes due to COVID-19, how to build their child’s application, and how to participate in Specialized High Schools admissions. After the presentation, they will respond to participant questions.
o January 11, 4pm to 5pm | Interpretation will be provided in: Spanish, Mandarin, French
o January 12, 6pm to 7pm
o January 13, 4pm to 5pm | Interpretation will be provided in: Spanish, Mandarin, Russian
o January 14, 5pm to 6pm
o January 15, 1pm to 2pm
· Virtual Arts High School Fairs. For families interested in applying to audition programs, these online events will provide an opportunity to learn about audition requirements for each discipline, the audition process for this year, and how to use MySchools and the Virtual Audition Submission Tool. Additionally, we will be joined by representatives from NYC’s audition schools, including LaGuardia High School. At the end of the event, school and DOE staff will respond to your questions. Please note that schools from different boroughs will showcase their programs on different days.
o January 21, 1pm to 3pm, featuring Manhattan and Bronx audition programs | Interpretation will be provided in: Spanish, Mandarin, French
o January 25, 5pm to 7pm, featuring Brooklyn and Staten Island audition programs| Interpretation will be provided in: Spanish, Mandarin, Russian
o February 2, 4pm to 6pm, featuring Queens audition programs | Interpretation will be provided in: Spanish, Mandarin, Bangla
o February 4, 6pm to 8pm, featuring Manhattan and Bronx audition programs | Interpretation will be provided in: Spanish, Mandarin, Bangla
The day before the event, families will receive a confirmation email with the link to the virtual event(s) they registered for—when the event starts, click this link to join.
Please check our website for the most current list of dates and language supports for events.
· Virtual Audition Submission Tool is available now at schools.nyc.gov/high
Resources for Families:
· Recorded presentations will be available on our website later this month.
· To explore high school options and set up your MySchools account, visit MySchools.nyc.
· Talk to your school counselor, or get support from Family Welcome Center staff.
The High School Admissions Team, Office of Student Enrollment
High School Admissions
Office of Student Enrollment