Here are some notices from Sentator Biaggi. To learn more contact her office: email@example.com or by calling 718-822-2049.
Upcoming Events with Team Biaggi:
• COVID-19 and the Climate Crisis Virtual Town Hall: Join me, City Island Rising, NY Renews, and Assemblymember Michael Benedetto on Monday, May 18th at 7PM for a digital town hall to discuss the intersections between COVID-19 and the climate crisis, and brainstorm solutions for our communities.
• Mental Health Awareness Month Virtual Event: In honor of Mental Health Awareness Month, please join me and Assemblywoman Nathalia Fernandez on Thursday, May 21st at 5:30PM for a conversation about the impact of COVID-19 on our mental health, and how we can take better care of ourselves during this difficult time. Panelists will include the NYC Department of Education, the Mayor's Office of Immigrant Affairs, the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Yeshiva University, Union Community Health Center, New York Psychotherapy and Counseling Center, and Girl Vow Inc.
• The City of Mount Vernon has two upcoming events tomorrow (May 16th), one live, and one streamed. They are hosting an Essential Workers Clap for First Responders at 7PM and #ClubCensus DJ live stream starting at 8PM.
• Girls Inc. Westchester will be hosting a Virtual (YOU)TH LEADERSHIP Summit on Saturday, May 16th, 2020 to focus on the issues that impact our young people. The summit is designed to give them a voice to share their struggles and explore potential solutions. To register call 914-419-0764.
• Graduate Together: Tune in on Saturday, May 16th for a nationally broadcasted celebration honoring the High School Class of 2020, who have gracefully transitioned to remote learning in their final months of school with the help of teachers and administrators.
• Navigating Health Insurance: The United Hospital Fund has created a new webpage with FAQs about health insurance. These resources are available in English, Spanish and Chinese.
• Vegan Resources: Chilis on Wheels, a 501(c)(3) organization, is on a mission to make veganism accessible to communities in need. They offer meal sharing, online workshops and clothing drives to the community.
• Free English Classes: BronxWorks is offering Online English Classes to those 18 and above. Contact the Program Coordinator Noah Veloz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 718-508-3112 for more information.